farm /Agribusiness Insurance
Every type of farm can benefit from farm insurance. A sound farm insurance policy will cover you in three main areas: Home or dwelling and contents coverage, farm property and operations coverage, and liability coverage.
Crop insurance protects farmers and ranchers who grow crops. This type of coverage can protect you from financial losses due to natural disasters or weather events that cause crop loss and/or low crop yield. This coverage also offers protection from loss of revenue due to price volatility in the commodity markets. This coverage is packaged a few different ways:
- Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI):This program developed by the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation offers coverage for inescapable crop loss and covers nearly all available crops. The MPCI consists of various policies and coverage options that insure farmers and agriculture producers against a decrease in crop yield or a loss of crops due to natural disasters, weather events and disease. It also protections you from revenue loss as a result of price changes in the commodity markets. You can choose products customized to your individual operations and needs or general policies that use county yields and prices.
- Crop-Hail Insurance: While many crop-hail policies cover much more than hail, insurance professionals have kept the traditional name. Usually these policies also cover loss due to fire, during transit to storage, while in storage and more. You can also add options for loss due to windstorms, freezing conditions and other weather-related events.
- Specialized Peril: Many crop insurance companies also offer coverage for specifically defined perils excluded from a MPCI or crop-hail policy. These would include, but are not limited to, the following specialized policies:
- Grain fire policy: Covers most crops against natural, man-made or lightening fire loss
- Rainfall policy: Covers loss of crops, such as tomatoes and raisins for rainfall issues
- Citrus freeze policy: Protects citrus growers against loss due to early freezes
- Citrus business interruption policy: Covers citrus packers if their business is interrupted as a result of a freeze
- Hay fire policy: Covers fire damage while hay is in stacks
- Other specialized policies: Ask your insurance agent for coverages available in your state or region
Mantooth Insurance can provide the right solutions if you are looking for Farm / Agribusiness insurance in Indiana. Our company provides instant rate comparisons from some of the state’s most reputable insurance providers. With our professional and certified insurance consultants you can rest assured that you’re in good hands. We offer competitive premiums and complete coverage for all of your business insurance needs.
Mantooth Insurance uses only the most advanced computer quoting system to compare rates from our select insurance companies. We also work diligently to minimize your insurance costs and provide fair settlements for all claims. With the help of our in-house reps, you can obtain a competitively priced proposal for your insurance needs.
If you have any questions about Farm and/or Agribusiness insurance in Avon or Central Indiana, fill out the request form on our contact page. You can also reach our staff at (800) 314-5050 or our contact form for more information.
We offer absolutely free, comparative Farm / Agribusiness insurance quotes from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best rate possible.
Do you want to see how much we can save you? Just submit the free quote form to find out.