Radon. Maybe you’ve never heard of it. Or maybe you only know a little bit about it.
Whatever the case, you can’t afford to ignore this dangerous gas that’s the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
If you don’t know how to protect yourself and your family from radon, now is a good time to learn. The Environmental Protection Agency designates January as National Radon Action Month.
In this series of posts, you’ll learn:
- What is radon? Learn more about radon, including where it comes from and how it travels.
- Why is it dangerous? Find out about the serious health risks radon poses.
- How does it get into your home? A high concentration of radon in your home can be dangerous. Find out how the gas gets in your home in the first place.
- How do you test for radon? If you can’t see radon, how do you know it’s there? Learn how the right test can make all the difference.
- What should you do if you find it in your home? The tests are back, and you’ve found radon in your home. Now what? Learn what level is a cause for concern and what you should do if that level is present in your home.
Ready to learn more? Then let’s get started.
Read the full story from Erie Insurance: “What You Need to Know About Radon“